#NorthsideStory: Anna Merrett
Originally from Swan Hill, university studies drew Anna to Melbourne and she’s never looked back.
Professionally, Anna was a massage therapist before registering as an Osteopath in 2003. Along with her husband, weekend home chef and colleague, Ben, she founded Brunswick West Osteopathic Clinic in 2008 and loves treating and providing relief to the diverse range of conditions that her clients had previously found difficult to solve.
As one of our regular customers, when Anna last visited our Studio + Factory + Store in Brunswick East we discussed everything from her favourite Melbourne hangouts to her passions and style, here’s what she had to say…
If you could pick just three words that describe you, what would they be?
Grounded, Creative, Doer.
What are you most passionate about?
My local world, family, community, projects, wellness, business and art – making the most of things and being happy about what you’ve got.
Why is Melbourne home?
I guess because I’ve chosen it, Brunswick in particular. I grew up in Swan Hill and then went to uni in Melbourne – I’ve never left! I love discovering new things – the people, culture, music, art and crafts. I like how accessible it is to go to new places like a good camping spot, the beach, snow, or even the airport! But most of all, it’s the amazing friends I have here.
What are your favourite Melbourne hangouts?
- A stroll along a good shopping strip with beautiful individually selected or made things; such as Gertrude St, Fitzroy, and High St, Northcote. I just love all the good food, interiors, fashion, book and art shops – inspiring and fun!
- Live music venues that aren’t too big with interesting people and good food. My locals are the Union Hotel Brunswick, and The Post Office Hotel in Coburg.
- Princes Park in Carlton North for a quick jog, a hit of tennis, or play with the kids and dogs.
How would you describe your personal style?
Simple well-cut designs, with something a bit eclectic in the mix; a bit of new and old combined.
What is the one Denimsmith item you can’t live without and why?
I’m loving my FREYA Jean in Mid Indigo! The more modern high waist, with room to move is a very flattering and comfortable casual fit. Nice to have just the small bit of unique detail too.
What does your perfect day entail?
- A cuddle from my girls (Bessie is 7, Beatrix is 5) which would be early, so plenty of time for a cuppa and read of my Kindle before the day starts.
- A walk or run with the family in tow. Sausage dogs Merve and Lenny, Bess and Beat, and Ben too. Followed by the perfect coffee and
breakkie made by Ben, the weekend home chef/husband.
- A local design or artists market to stroll, eat and buy at.
- A catch up with girlfriends, wine included. Or friends and family over to our house with back doors open – good weather, chats, food and tunes.
Sounds like an excellent busy day!